Choosing Your Child’s First School
One of a parent’s most stressful choices in their child’s early life is choosing the right school. It is crucial to choose the right school so that they start off with a positive first educational experience. Here are a few things that you should consider when choosing your child’s first school.
– What are the school fees like. Make sure they are affordable and within your budget. It is not ideal for children to switch schools a lot in their early developmental years.
– Location, Location, Location. Make sure the school is close to home or work in case there are any emergencies you or your partner can reach the school quickly
– Visit the school and observe a day watching the teachers interact with the children. Observe to see how much individual time the teachers spend with the kids. Individual time with their teacher is a good indicator of a good school
– Does the school offer breakfast or lunch? A well-fed child is ready to learn
– Finally, talk with parents that send their kids to the school. Find out how they like the school and why. See if it is a good fit for you and your family.
Let us know what you think by emailing us at and in the Subject Line put: Choosing Your Child’s First School.